[802.3_4PPOE] presentation procedure for November

All, I saw the disappointment on faces when I announced that Sponsor Ballot requires presentations to be submitted with the comment if the comment makes a reference to a presentation. I understand, it is a very short amount of time to get the draft reviewed and to generate presentations. I am modifying our typical operating rules to try to alleviate this pressure.

When you comment, and you need an attachment to help the editor craft a proposed response, you will need to submit that at the same time as filing your comments (when the recirc period closes). Only these files will be posted to the web prior to the meeting. If you happen to have a presentation available at the November meeting that you think will help to close a comment, we will ask the TF is they would like to view the presentation. The presentations will be posted AFTER they are presented and the Chair will expect to receive the file by email immediately BEFORE presentation (emailed directly to the Chair, CC to the reflector). If the TF makes edits to the slides during the presentation, the Chair will expect to receive the update immediately AFTER presentation.

This means people won’t be able to grab files from the website to review before the meeting. I would request that people that expect to happen to have presentations available to help close comments to send them to the reflector by EOD Friday November 3rd so that attendees can have time to review.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this process or if you think I’ve overlooked something.

Thanks,

Chad Jones

Tech Lead, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force