Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Power price index update

Hi Geoff,

This field has been included in the draft for almost 2 years. I am improving the definition, not adding a new field.

This was originally proposed by Bruce Nordman of LBNL such that PDs can participate in load shedding schemes.

Much more definition is indeed needed to determine how PSEs would set the index value and how PDs should react to this. That for sure is out of scope for 802.3, but we have to provide a field in order to be able to convey the data.

Kind regards,

Lennart