Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Backfeed presentation + baseline

Hi Heath,

v220 and v230 correspond to both approaches we discussed during the adhoc call.
At the end of the call, I believe the consensus was to split Irev into two values (for >21V and <21V), which corresponds with v230.

Overview:
v220
- PSE requirement Irev is 1.3mA and applies when applying 2-pair (=3-pair) power on the unpowered negative
- PD has to safeguard classification, hence has a 3P-backfeed requirement from 0-21V

v230
- PSE requirement is split into 500uA when highest pairset voltage <21V and 1.3mA when highest pairset voltage >21V
- Because the PSE has a current limit that does not corrupt classifcation in the classification range, the PD is only required to limit 3P-backfeed in the detection range 0-10.1V

The advantage of v230 is that it allows for wider implementation of PD bridges.

Kind regards,

Lennart