[802.3_50G] Reminder: 50 Gb/s Ethernet and NGOATH Study Groups January Interim Meeting Notice and Call for Presentations

Happy New Year!

A quick reminder about the upcoming Study Group meetings at the January Interim.  Deadline for presentation requests is this Friday.  See details below.

Thanks…Mark

From: Mark Nowell <mnowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 8:00 PM
To: "802.3 50GE" <STDS-802-3-50G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [802.3_50G] 50 Gb/s Ethernet and NGOATH Study Groups January Interim Meeting Notice and Call for Presentations

Dear Colleagues,

The inaugural 50 Gb/s Ethernet and Next Generation 100 Gb/s and 200 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group’s joint meeting will be held during the  802.3 Interim meeting week in Atlanta, Ga (Jan  18th-22nd, 2016).

Meeting details may be found at http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

The schedule hasn’t been released but the straw man schedule (not confirmed) has the  Study Group meetings by TF meeting on Wed, Thurs & Friday  Jan 20th-22nd.  I’m expecting that most participants will want/need to start heading to the airport on Friday afternoon, so I will aim to wrap up the agenda by ~ 2pm on Friday.

There is a tentatively planned joint session with the P802.3bs TF targeted for Friday morning. More details will be provided when available.

The focus of the meeting will be to progress the work of the study groups which is primarily defining and approving  objectives and developing the Study Group documentation such as PAR and CSD.  Therefore presentations directed towards those goals are encouraged.

This message serves as  a meeting notification for the interim Study Group meeting and also as a call for presentations.

Requests for presentation time shall be made to me at mnowell@xxxxxxxxx  and must be made by Friday, Jan 8th, 2016.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy  by Tuesday of the following week  (Tues Jan 12th, 2016).

I look forward to seeing everyone in Atlanta!

Regards,

Mark Nowell

50 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group Acting Chair

Next Generation 100 Gb/s and 200Gb/s Ethernet Study Group Acting Chair