[802.3_50G] Jan Minutes

Kent

Some discrepancies in the Jan minutes
http://www.ieee802.org/3/50G/public/Jan16/minutes_50G_NGOATH_0116_unapproved.pdf

Should either delete “200 BER” or make readable to something like “200 GbE BER Objective"

Straw Poll #7: 200 BER
Support a BER of better than or equal to 10
-x at the MAC/PLS service interface (or the frame loss ratio equivalent) for 200 Gb/s operation

• x=12: 28 • x=13: 35

Straw poll 7 should be Straw poll 8 as well as upping the remaining straw polls with +1
  1. Straw Poll #7

    I would consider adopting an objective for a 4-fiber 200 Gb/s Ethernet single mode fiber PMD for 500m after hearing more information

    • Yes: 69
    • No:0
    • Abstain: 13

I was going through the Jan Meeting minutes I notices straw poll 11(+1) was missing from the minutes

Straw Poll 11: I would support:

-       The proposed P802.3bs PAR modification per nowell_3bs_01_0116.pdf and dammbrosia_3bs_02_0116.pdf

-       The proposed changes to the P802.3bs CSD responses and objective per nowell_3bs_010116f

-       Results: A=50, B= 0 A=2

Thanks,
Ali Ghiasi
Ghiasi Quantum LLC