Re: [802.3_B10K] Liaison for Consideration - ITU-T

Peter,

Thanks for the clarification.  There appear to be four parameters in play.

1. EVMrms

2. I-Q offset

3. I-Q imbalance

4. quadrature error

To help describe my confusion, I’ll paraphrase and parse the last sentence of the paragraph in question.

A study of parameters 3 and 4 showed sufficient lack of consistency to either:

a) justify their removal from the EVMrms metric, or

b) introduce them as additional metrics.

How can parameters 3 and 4 be included in the EVMrms metric yet not specified as additional metrics?  Is this similar to TDECQ which includes a number of impairments, some that are not individually limited?

Regards,

Paul