Thanks,
Ali Ghiasi
Ghiasi Quantum LLC

On Dec 14, 2017, at 1:15 PM, John D'Ambrosia <jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I guess the same would be true for the MDI – as we are talking about a module connection – so the MDI should be obvious also.
From: Ali Ghiasi [mailto:aghiasi@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 4:14 PM
To: John D'Ambrosia <jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: STDS-802-3-B10K@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_B10K] Terminology Kickoff

John

Specifically in regard to DWDM network probably PMA and PMD are self explanatory.

Thanks,
Ali Ghiasi
Ghiasi Quantum LLC

On Dec 14, 2017, at 1:07 PM, John D'Ambrosia <jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ali,
What is the issue with PMA  and PMD in relation to the DWDM network?  From an IEEE perspective – they are two well defined terms, and i have not heard any confusion about this in relation to the discussion underway.

John