[802.3_B10K] Study Group Webpages Updated

Title: Study Group Webpages Updated

All,

I am happy to report that the Study Group made progress at last week’s meeting, which is reflected on the SG webpage -

·       Updated Jan Interim Webpage, including unapproved minutes: http://www.ieee802.org/3/B10K/public/18_01/index.shtml

·       Draft CSD Responses, not approved by SG, based on SG objectives adopted at 2018 Interim - http://www.ieee802.org/3/B10K/project_docs/csd_draft_0118_notapproved.pdf

·       Objectives - http://www.ieee802.org/3/B10K/project_docs/objectives_180125.pdf

In reviewing the objectives, I have caught wording that I believe needs to be corrected –

The current adopted objective in question reads –

·       Provide physical layer specifications which support 50 Gb/s operation over at least 40 km of SMF*

However, reviewing the prior Nov 2017 Strawpoll #3 - No perceived BMP for 50 Gb/s coherent solutions targeting 40 or 80 km

•       Results 40km (y/n/a): 2/41/7            80km (y/n/a): 3/36/9

Based on the noted strawpoll and discussion in January, I do not believe that the Study Group wanted an objective that enabled multiple PHYs for 50G / 40km.  My apologies for not catching this sooner.  I will look to correct this objective @ the March Plenary.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Beyond 10km Optical PHYs Study Group