From: Gary Nicholl (gnicholl) <gnicholl@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 5:03 PM
To: John DAmbrosia <jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-3-B10K@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_B10K] 100GbE CSD

Thanks.

After quickly reviewing the presentation I prefer the alternative and simpler version of the compatibility slide  (consistent with what was done in 802.3cd).  We spent a lot of time on the call last week trying to modify/update the compatibility slide, and I think in the end we were overcomplicating things.  After the call I went back and looked at the  version we used for 802.3cd and I believe it is sufficient for this project as well.  Both project involve defining new physical layers, and with the intent of leveraging existing PCS/FEC where possible (in the case of 802.3cd the new 200G PHYs reused the 200G PCS defined in 802.3bs).

Gary