[802.3_B10K] Moving Forward - splitting the P802.3cn PAR?

Title: Moving Forward - splitting the P802.3cn PAR?

All,

I spoke with David Law, 802.3WG Chair today, about moving IEEE P802.3cn forward.

Some may recall that in the May 2018 Study Group meeting, there was discussion about splitting the project up due to anticipated different timelines for the 40 and 80km related objectives.  See http://www.ieee802.org/3/B10K/public/18_05/index.shtml.

David informed me that per Item 9.2 of the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual  the P802.3cn PAR could be divided, and that this request could be made at the November Plenary

Based on my conversations with individuals, I am anticipating more presentations than we have seen with previous Study Group meetings.  Therefore, I am planning on setting up an ad hoc call prior to the Nov Plenary to discuss this issue, as well as have proposed PAR / CSD for the split of work for this discussion.  I will get the announcement out after I have had a chance to review the schedule for other 802.3 TF / SG ad hoc calls.

In the meantime – please feel free to share any comments on the reflector.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Acting Chair, IEEE P802.3cn Task Force