[802.3_B10K] Status of P802.3cn / P802.3ct PARs

Title: Status of P802.3cn / P802.3ct PARs

All,

I have seen some emails and had some conversations regarding the approval and status of the P802.3cn and P802.3ct PARs that it is probably in everyone’s interest that I clarify their state.

As noted in a 11/16 email by our WG Chair, David Law, the modification of the P802.3cn PAR and the P802.3ct PAR were approved to be forwarded to NesCom by the EC at the Nov Plenary EC Closing Meeting.

However, the NesCom submittal date for the December standards board meeting was Oct 15, 2018.  Therefore, the two PARS will not be considered by NesCom until Jan 28.   Therefore, if the PARs are subsequently approved by the IEEE-SA Standards Board, the new P802.3cn and newly formed P802.3ct Task Forces would be meeting for the first time at the March 2019 Plenary.

I hope this clarifies the situation.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3cn Task Force

Acting Chair, IEEE P802.3ct Task Force