[802.3_B10K] Announcement - Preview Draft 0.1 Available

Title: Announcement - Preview Draft 0.1 Available

Dear Task Force Participants,

I am happy and proud to announce the release of the preview draft 0.1 for the IEEE P802.3cn  project.  It may be found in the private area at http://www.ieee802.org/3/cn/private/index.html.  Task Force participants needing the password for the private area, please contact me.

I would like to thank Pete Anslow and Peter Stassar, our editorial team, for pulling together this preview draft.

Some comments regarding this draft

·       This draft addresses the 40km related objectives associated with the modified P802.3cn project documentation approved at the Nov 2018 Plenary that is currently awaiting approval by the IEEE-SA Std Board (anticipated approval early Feb 2019).

·       This draft incorporates TDECQ related changes to existing 200 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s physical medium dependent sublayers over single-mode fiber.  A proposal (http://www.ieee802.org/3/cn/public/adhoc/19_0103/anslow_3cn_01_190103.pdf) for these changes were discussed on the Jan 3 ad hoc call and there was no objections to what was presented.  Therefore, the proposed changes were incorporated into the preview draft by our editors.  However, this proposal has not been adopted by the Task Force yet.  On the ad hoc call Mr. Anslow and Mr. Stassar noted they will be requesting to present the proposal at the Jan interim and seek a motion to adopt it.  If any individuals have any feedback on this proposal please contact Pete / Peter, and please note any individuals are still welcome to present another proposal to address this part of our PAR.

As a reminder to all Task Force Participants, the draft, and any other content, is posted for your review only, and neither the content nor access information should be copied or redistributed to others in violation of document copyrights.

Regards,

John DAmbrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3cn Task Force