[802.3_DMLT] Update on CERN tour July 19 802 meeting: SOLD OUT

The tour of CERN for IEEE 802 members
        http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2013/admin-cummings-cern-tour-july-geneva-0513-v3.pdf

has sold out of all 48 seats. Thanks to everyone who registered. I am looking forward to a fun and interesting tour with everyone.

There has been one change to our original plan. Although the CERN canteen is a great lunch venue, it turns out that it is too small to accommodate 48 people simultaneously. In addition, our host (Maciej Lipinski) and I were a bit concerned that three hours might be too limiting for a tour of multiple sites (including bus travel time). Therefore, we adjusted the plan as follows:

Original plan:
CERN tour: 9:00-12:00
Lunch at CERN canteen: 12:00-13:00
Charter bus departs for downtown Geneva: 13:00
Arrive ITU building downtown (worst-case): 13:45

New plan:
CERN tour (extended): 9:00 - 13:00
Charter bus departs for downtown Geneva (for those people that need to keep original schedule): 13:00
Smaller groups can take lunch at CERN canteen, and/or tour exhibits at reception area: 13:00-14:00
Charter bus departs for downtown Geneva: 14:00

The new plan allows people to keep to the original schedule for return to ITU, although it does require a later lunch (sorry about that). For those with a schedule that allows more time at CERN, you can stay for a later lunch at the canteen, as well as visit exhibits in that area. I am scheduling two trips between CERN and downtown to accommodate both groups of people. If you decide to stay longer than 14:00, there is a city tram available as well.

I realize that I will not reach all registered attendees with this email, so I will communicate this change of plans on the bus as we prepare to leave in the morning of July 19.

David/Adrian/Bob: Feel free to forward this to your working groups as you see fit.

Thanks again everyone,
Rodney Cummings
National Instruments