[802.3_DMLT] Proposal for alignment of EPON and IET preamble format

Dear IET Task Force members,

Attached please find a contribution from myself and Curtis, proposing to reuse in IET the format of preamble already defined and used actively in 802.3. One of the largest advantages of this proposal is that if accepted, we will be automatically aligned with EPON, making the specification ready for when IET function is extended to EPON. There are no disadvantages of this format, as far as we can tell.

I would like to request a 20 minute slot (excluding Q&A) at the upcoming meeting to discuss this presentation and have it considered for adoption in the next version of the draft.

Regards

Marek Hajduczenia, PhD
Network Architect, Principal Engineer
Bright House Networks