Re: [802.3_DMLT] IEEE 802.3br-2016

Ludwig,

Congratulations on your .3BRexist!

Glen

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Winkel, Ludwig <ludwig.winkel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear IET colleagues,

David Law informed me today that the IEEE P802.3br Interspersing Express Traffic (IET) was approved today by the IEEE-SA Standards Board meeting in Berlin. With that it got the status of an IEEE 802.3br Amendment without the P in front of 802.

Thanks to everyone who contributed! I would like to express my thanks explicitly to our Editor, Pat Thaler, for her outstanding work as THE EXPERT as well as THE EDITOR of IEEE 802.3br.

I hope to see you in San Diego so we can celebrate the success that Ethernet associated with the Amendments driven by IEEE 802.1 TSN is now capable to be used in Real-time Ethernet applications with guaranteed latencies. This Real-time Ethernet will be used in a lot of applications in a compatible way to the existing installations.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With best regards,
Ludwig Winkel

  Chair of the IEEE P802.3br Task Force

Mail: Siemens AG , DF TI SR
        Oestliche Rheinbrueckenstr.
50
        76187 Karlsruhe, Germany
Tel.: +49 721 595-6098
Mobile: +49 172 6132658
mailto:ludwig.winkel@xxxxxxxxxxx

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Siegfried Russwurm, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322