[802.3_DMLT] IEEE802.3br Standard Question

From our IET standard, it seems that we could fragment a packet say at 513 bytes as long as we have a final frag of 64 bytes.

That is because we meet the minimum non-final fragment size, say 256, nothing requires the fragment length to be 32 bit aligned.

Was that the intent?

I thought it was originally required to be 64 byte aligned so MAC that use wide internal paths do not have to byte swizzle, but that is not actually specified.

Is this tested?

Regards

Denis Beaudoin  DMTS  Texas Instruments  dbeaudoin@xxxxxx W: 214-479-4287  M: 214-475-9193