[802.3_EXTND_EPON] Call for presentations (first reminder)

Dear colleagues,

This is the first reminder regarding the Call for Presentations and associated deadlines.

-          Friday, October 26th at 11:59pm PDT is our deadline for receiving your request for presentation time – please inform me offline if you are planning to submit any contribution. This will help me prepare the agenda and organize individual timeslots.

-          Tuesday, November 1st at 11:59pm PDT is our deadline for receiving your presentation in PDF format.

The guidelines covering submission process, file format etc. can be found at http://www.ieee802.org/3/EXTND_EPON/public/presentproc.html

We are seeking presentations regarding the recommendations from our membership on the key areas of study that will be necessary to set our objectives, 5 criteria, and ultimately generate a Project Authorization Request (PAR). The main areas of focus for the upcoming meeting should therefore cover:

-          5 Criteria: Broad market Potential

-          5 Criteria: Compatibility

-          5 Criteria: Distinct Identity

-          5 Criteria: Technical Feasibility

-          5 Criteria: Economic Feasibility

-          Objectives

-          Requirements

-          Backward and forward compatibility …

If you have a proposal for presentation, please contact me offline to discuss details and scheduling.

As a reminder, if you are planning to attend the meeting of our Study Group or any Task Forces / Study Groups meeting in November in Atlanta, you need to register for the meeting – details are available at: http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

Regards

Marek Hajduczenia, PhD

Chair, Extended EPON Study Group, http://www.ieee802.org/3/EXTND_EPON/

ZTE Portugal
Edifício Amoreiras Plaza,
Rua Carlos Alberto da Mota Pinto, nr. 9 - 6 A,
1070-374 Lisbon, Portugal

Office: +351 213 700 090
Fax: + 351 213 813 349
Mobile: +351 961 121 851 (Portugal)