[802.3_EXTND_EPON] Call for candidates of Chief Editor for future 802.3bk Task Force

Dear colleagues,

In March 2012, we are expected to have the last meeting as the Study Group, after which (pending approval) we will become a Task Force. At that time, we may start working on the future draft amendment to 802.3, covering the material under our approved project objectives. Some proposals were discussed at the meeting in Newport Beach and it is my hope that more contributions and baseline proposals are going to be submitted for the following meetings, giving us enough material to progress with preparing the draft.

With that said, I would like to open a call for candidates for Chief Editor for this project. Please email me offline (in private) if:

-          You are going to attend all future meetings of 802.3bk TF (once approved as a Task Force)

-          You are willing to devote some time to this project working on the draft, implementing approved comment resolutions and preparing proposed responses, making sure that the draft is in a presentable condition and keeping our 802.3 tradition of producing high quality drafts

-          You have already or are willing to learn how to work with Adobe FrameMaker to perform necessary draft development tasks. A copy of this software will be needed as well.

This call stays open until March 2012 plenary meeting. In case of multiple candidates, the past editorial experience in any 802.3 projects will be preferred.

Kindest regards

Marek Hajduczenia, PhD

Chair, Extended EPON Study Group, http://www.ieee802.org/3/EXTND_EPON/

ZTE Portugal
Edifício Amoreiras Plaza,
Rua Carlos Alberto da Mota Pinto, nr. 9 - 6 A,
1070-374 Lisbon, Portugal

Office: +351 213 700 090
Fax: + 351 213 813 349
Mobile: +351 961 121 851 (Portugal)