From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxx]
Sent: 29 May 2012 18:32
To: stds-802-3-EXTND-EPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: EPON link model

Dear colleagues,

Attached please find a contribution on the review of the EPON link model (8023bk_1207_hajduczenia_1.pdf), which summarizes the model, assumptions and what needs to be modified in the model to adapt it to P802.3bk needs. It also shows examples of PR(X)-40, PX-30 and PX-40 links, derived using the link model and the parameters baselined at the last meeting.

I also attach version 1.0 of the link model, with the same examples of individual links for everybody to review for the next meeting.

Please, do review the attached XLS file, and confirm whether you agree with the calculated parameters. The more eyes look at these link parameters, the better. I hope we can discuss these parameters at the next meeting, in the context of the D1.0 (to be published in the few days)

If you have questions about the link model, please let me know.

PS. The attached XLS file contains macros – they are harmless and you need to enable them to have the calculations operate.

This concludes the analysis of the link model for ExEPON, the task that I undertook at the last meeting. If changes are needed, I will keep updating the spreadsheet and presenting each new version to the Task Force for approval.

Marek Hajduczenia, PhD

ZTE Portugal
Standard Development and Industry Relations
Edifício Amoreiras Plaza,
Rua Carlos Alberto da Mota Pinto, nr. 9 - 6 A,
1070-374 Lisbon, Portugal

Office: +351 213 700 090
Fax: + 351 213 813 349
Mobile: +351 961 121 851 (Portugal)