[802.3_EXTND_EPON] Alignment for PX30 and PX40 ONU specifications

Dear colleagues,

Following on the discussion about the alignment of PX30 and PX40 ONU specifications we had back in Geneva, I completed the offline discussions with transceiver suppliers I could reach out to and I would like to share with you proposed changes to Clause 60, Clause 75 as well as Annex 75B. Changes in each of the attached files are shown within the marked red boxes, with text in red being removed and text in green being added.

To summarize the necessary changes to bring PX30 and PX40 ONU specifications in alignment:

-          1000BASE-PX40-U transmitter specifications need to become a carbon copy of 1000BASE-PX30-U transmitter specifications; likewise, 1000BASE-PX40-U receiver must become a carbon-copy of 1000BASE-PX30-U receiver specifications;

-          1000BASE-PX40-D transmitter and receiver specifications need to be updated to account for the extra loss between PX30 and PX40 power budgets

-          Update summary of PX40 power budget in Table 60–9

-          Update summary of PRX40 power budget in Table 75–1, and in Table 75B–2, together with the accompanying text

Note that PX40 upstream was previously assigned the spectrum of 40 nm, which is proposed to be modified back to 100 nm spectrum when PX30 and PX40 ONU specifications become aligned.

Note also that I am planning to submit a comment suggesting these changes to the draft to be considered for the next meeting in January in Phoenix, AZ, USA. I would appreciate any comments on the proposed changes ahead of time.

Regards

Marek Hajduczenia, PhD

ZTE Portugal
Technology Strategy Department
Edifício Amoreiras Plaza,
Rua Carlos Alberto da Mota Pinto, nr. 9 - 6 A,
1070-374 Lisbon, Portugal

Office: +351 213 700 090
Fax: + 351 213 813 349
Mobile: +351 961 121 851 (Portugal)