[802.3_GEPOF] May interim GEPOF SG meeting

Colleagues:

Meeting Information:

The IEEE 802.3 Gigabit Ethernet Over Plastic Optical Fiber Study Group will be meeting at the IEEE 802.1/802.3 joint interim meeting, which will  be held the week of May 12th in Norfolk, VA, USA, hosted by the Ethernet Alliance.

The GEPOF Study Group will be meeting Monday, May 12 through Tuesday, May 13.  Registration and meeting details may be found at:

http://ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html

If you require a visa invitation letter, please make sure to request one promptly. Follow the instructions on the meeting registration Website.

A detailed daily schedule for the meetings may be found at http://514interim.sched.org/, and the schedule will be updated to include new meeting start/stop times, and/or meeting room assignments as details change.

Call For Presentations:

Participants in the study group are interested in requesting project at the July 802 plenary meeting.  Consequently, the study group needs to focus on its objectives and how those objectives are technically and economically feasible and have broad market potential and otherwise address the criteria for standards development.  Presentations addressing these topics are especially important.

It is expected that we will be discussing and editing proposed objectives, Criteria for Standards Development (including the Five Criteria), and Project Authorization Request documents in addition to requested presentations.

All participants are welcome to use the email reflector to discuss ideas and promote consensus between meetings.

Requests for presentation time must be made at least a week before the meeting (anything time-stamped after midnight AOE on Monday, May 3, 2014 will only be heard with permission of the Study Group.  Please submit presentation requests to the acting Study Group Chair at bob.grow@xxxxxxxx, including a PDF digital copy of the presentation, name of presenter, names of any co-authors, employer and affiliation of presenter and co-authors, and requested time for the presentation.

Some Study Group participants may be new to IEEE 802.  All registered attendees at the meeting are welcome to participate, but we have some rules that have to be followed in presentations and discussions.

1.      Please make sure that there are no restrictive notices in the presentations or in request email.  (Also required for posting to the Study Group reflector.)

2.      Do not include product promotion in presentations.

3.      Do not discuss prices, division of markets or any other topics that are anti-competitive.  There is a presentation describing how we can discuss cost (not price) by IEEE counsel at http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GNGOPTX/public/may12/lindsay_01_0512_optx.pdf.

4.      Please feel free to contact me with any questions in advance of submission of your presentation.

I look forward to meeting and working with you in Norfolk in a few weeks.

Regards,

Bob

Robert M. Grow

bob.grow@xxxxxxxx

Acting Chair, IEEE 802.3 GEPOF Study Group

http://www.ieee802.org/3/GEPOFSG/index.html