Re: [802.3_GEPOF] Comment from OPEN Alliance TC7

Serizawa-san:

Thank you for providing the information.  Some of the requirements are not things we would specify in 802.3.  One item particularly caught my attention, the RGMII or SGMII.  Neither of these interfaces are specified in IEEE Std 802.3, they are industry specifications.

Some other things listed are not typically specified.  That though doesn’t leave us without options.

I encourage participants to submit comments directly on what should change in the draft in the next TF review, which I expect to open next week.

―Bob