[802.3_GEPOF] January interim meeting

Colleagues:

The P802.3bv Gigabit Ethernet over Plastic Optical Fibre Task Force will meet Monday and Tuesday, January 18 and 19 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta.  As is always the case, meeting information (registration, hotel, etc.) can be found by following links at http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html.

During our TF meeting, we will be resolving comments received on P802.3bv/D1.4.  The TF review on D1.4 is currently open (closing 19 December), so the volume of work we will have to do is still uncertain.  Anyone that wishes to make a presentation in support of comments or on other topics should send me a request (Presenter, Title, and requested time).  Comment resolution will be our number one priority and any presentations on comments will be made during comment resolution.  Presentations on other topics will follow comment resolution.

During our November meeting in Dallas, we decided to request approval from IEEE 802.3 to advance our draft to Working Group ballot.

1.  A notice of P802.3bv/D1.4 availability for 802.3 WG preview has been distributed on the 802.3 reflector.

2.  A motion to advance P802.3bv to Working Group ballot will be considered during the Thursday evening 802.3 Working Group meeting.  All voting members of 802.3 will consider that motion.

3.  We are required to present all changes made to the P802.3bv draft between preview and the Thursday evening meeting of 802.3.  Consequently, the TF editorial team will produce P802.3bv/D1.5 after close of our TF meeting and before the 802.3 meeting.

4.  During the meeting, I will present to the Working Group those changes between D1.4 and D1.5 just prior to general discussion and voting on the motion to advance the P802.3bv to WG ballot.  Those of you that are members of 802.3 are encouraged to attend and lend your support to that motion.

5.  Assuming the motion to advance the draft to WG Ballot is approved, the actual Working Group ballot will be via email with the initial ballot open for at least 30 days.  We plan to open the ballot shortly after the Atlanta meetings.

I look forward to seeing you in Atlanta.

Bob Grow
Chair, IEEE P802.3bv GEPOF Task Force