[802.3_NGAUTO] Reminder for this week's NGAUTO ad hoc

Just a friendly reminder – if you plan a contribution to this week’s NGAUTO ad hoc, please email me promptly.  So far we have a blank agenda.

I have a very short presentation – making the case and asking for feedback on changing one of our objectives to make it generic on rate and media (what was objective 10):

Change from:

·         Support operation at 10Gb/s in automotive environments (e.g., EMC, temperature) over single pair shielded balanced copper cabling.

·         Support operation in automotive environments (e.g., EMC, temperature).

I have received some support for this, and would like to discuss on the ad hoc call – however, this isn’t enough to make a meeting worthwhile.

<< if you want to discuss on the reflector, please reply to my next email with a different subject line, or email me privately>>

I strongly encourage you all to build consensus before the meeting in Warren by making at least preliminary presentations at the ad hoc.  You don’t need all the answers, just telegraph the direction you want to go.  That way you can get feedback and others will have time to put together presentations supporting your proposed direction.

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal Consultant

CME Consulting, Inc.

Experts in PHYsical Layer Communications

1-310-920-3860

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx