Re: [802.3_NGAUTO] AW: [802.3_NGAUTO] potential objectives change

George-

What you say is true.
It is not guaranteed not to work.
OTOH it should not be expected to work.
Cat 3 is pretty bad stuff.  In general, you can't buy it any more 'cause everybody's machinery is set up for Cat5e or better.
If you buy "Cat3" the days it will very likely pass Cat5 specs.
You just can't believe labels any more.

Having said that, it remains true:
- BASE-T Autonegotiation does not test cable quality or sufficiency
- BASE-T Autonegotiation uses event lower bandwidth than 10BASE-T

Geoff