From: George Zimmerman [mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2017 6:24 PM
To: STDS-802-3-NGAUTO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_NGAUTO] eee wakeup and sleep times from 1000BASE-T1, 40GBASE-T

I almost forgot that I promised to look up the EEE timing parameters from 1000BASE-T1.

They are 3.6 us for T_s (time that sleep signal is transmitted before transmitter is turned off)  and 10.8us for T_w (time to wake – the longest time the system has to wait before transmitting).  Generally these will scale with baud.

For example, 10GBASE-T is just a little shorter than this (it is 800 Mbaud, just a little faster), but 40GBASE-T is a lot shorter, 0.56us max for T_s, and 1.12us for T_w.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx