[802.3_NGAUTO] 10SPE (802.3cg) adhoc agenda for wednesday and website updated

All – I have received several requests for presentations and even some early submissions of material for Wednesday’s ad hoc.  It should be a very useful ad hoc for PHY guys.

We have 4 presentations of significant substance, so it will be a relatively full agenda.  If you have anything more that you would like to contribute, please request soon (before Monday morning pacific time).

I have uploaded what I have received to the website, including touchstone models for a multidrop line, and noise measurement data from Steffen Graber for multiple environments.  I suggest taking an early look at them so you know what questions to ask.  Of course, I always encourage using the reflector for questions on things like these, and sooner is better than later.

Also, we should have a presentation on automotive multidrop from Kirsten Matheus.

Additionally, we have a repeat of the presentation given on the NGAUTO ad hoc last week, discussing issues and potential needs for specification of the MDC/MDIO interface in automotive applications.  I would like to take the NGAUTO presentation first on the agenda to accomodate that those calling in from the other group just because they missed it this week.

Specification Gaps and Improvement of MDC/

MDIO Interface for Automotive Applications

Rubén Pérez de Aranda

KDPOF

(Multidrop presentation)

Kirsten Matheus

BMW

Touchstone model for Multidrop passive linear topology (description)

(s16p file)

Stefan Buntz

Daimler

10 Mb/s Single Twisted Pair Ethernet