[802.3_NGAUTO] NGAUTO May 2017 Interim - Call for Presentations

Colleagues,

Our PAR was recommended for approval by RevCom on May 4, 2017. We are
waiting for the 10-day email ballot vote to conclude.

At our last ad hoc call, George Zimmerman presented on "Cabling and PHY
Options":

http://ieee802.org/3/NGAUTO/public/adhoc/zimmerman_3NGAUTOah_01_050317.pdf

As you know, our objectives state that we will be looking at
high-performance cabling for automotive applications, as presented by Thomas
Müller:

http://ieee802.org/3/NGAUTO/public/feb17/mueller_NGAuto_1a_0217.pdf

On the ad hoc call we asked the OEMS and Tier 1 to provide input on which
cable type or types they would prefer. This will allow us to narrow our
focus as we work towards link segment proposals for our PHYS.

If you have any further thoughts on the MDIO issues under discussion, I
expect we will devote some time to this topic.

Please send presentation requests to me at scarlson@xxxxxxxx,  by Tuesday,
May 16. PDF copies should be sent in by Thursday, May 18. Our group will
meet Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning. P802.3cg will meet Wednesday
afternoon through Friday.

Please remember for follow the Procedure for Presenters:
http://ieee802.org/3/NGAUTO/public/presentproc.html

I look forward to seeing you all In New Orleans!

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR