[802.3_NGAUTO] AW: website update

Title: Default Disclaimer Daimler AG

Hi all,

sorry not to be able to join the NGAUTO call yesterday as I am currently in Taiwan. I just reviewed the presented slides and I think this is very useful input. Thank you all for generating this!

One question remains to me:

In Natalie’s presentation you showed that you need 4-port data (s4p) for differential cables in linear scaling. I assume this is mostly easily doable with a 4-port network analyzer.

Due to the also mentioned crosstalk I would like to know in which format this is needed? For crosstalk the setup would be a 8-port setup (if you e.g. use a shielded twisted quad cable).

Does this need to be measured also with phase the same time (means a s8p file)? I assume this to be a little bit difficult, as it would need a 8-port network analyzer…

Or is for crosstalk also a separate measurement sufficient just measuring the cross talk alone (passive termination of the unused terminals) – or is it even fine to have cross talk amplitude?
(assuming it is “alien crosstalk” this should also be fine? In case of known noise – e.g. a 2 pair solution – I guess the phase would also be of interest?)

Best Regards,

Stefan

Stefan Buntz

Mercedes-Benz Cars Development, Daimler AG

Group Research & Advanced Engineering

Safeguarding Hard & Software

HPC: U059 – Dep.: RD/FEQ

Phone: +49 731 505-2089