[802.3_NGBASET] Call for Presentations: Next Generation BASE-T Study Group

Colleagues,

The IEEE Next Generation BASE-T Study Group will meet Monday and Tuesday (Sept 24 & 25) at the IEEE 802.3 September 2012 Interim in Geneva Switzerland.

Registration and meeting details may be found at:  http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html

You are strongly encouraged to make your hotel reservation and register for the meeting as soon as possible.  Note that this interim is sponsored by the ITU, and hotel reservations need to be made on an individual basis.

As we are starting a new study group, part of our September interim meeting will review the IEEE-SA process. We will have presentations covering the Project Authorization Request (PAR), the Five Criteria (5C) and objectives.

For those of you who have not participated in an 802.3 standards project before, here is a list of resources:

The 802.3 Ethernet Working Group Home Page:  http://ieee802.org/3/index.html

The NGBASE-T Study Group home page:  http://www.ieee802.org/3/NGBASET/index.html

Operating Rules of IEEE Project 802.3 Ethernet Working Group:  http://ieee802.org/3/rules/index.html

IEEE 802.3 Patent policy:  http://ieee802.org/3/patent.html

Discussion of cost in IEEE 802.3:  http://standards.ieee.org/resources/antitrust-guidelines.pdf

There is a newcomer training presentation which gives and overview of the IEEE standards process at:   http://ieee802.org/newcomer_orientation-v7p1.pdf

Call for Presentation:

We will  also begin gathering the requirements in the form of presentations for our project. This information will be used for the PAR, 5 Criteria and objectives.  Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  For the September Interim meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at billw@xxxxxxxxxxxx and must be made by Sept 14, 2012.  Please e-mail a PDF (not the PowerPoint)  version of the presentation to me by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the Sept Interim, presentations must be submitted by Sept 18, 2012.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/NGBASET/public/presentproc.html

Please review your  presentation to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.  Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site, the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE Next Generation BASE-T Study Group

I look forward to seeing everyone in Geneva!

Regards,

Bill

Bill Woodruff
Acting Chair, Next Generation BASE-T Study Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/NGBT/index.html
Broadcom Corporation
San Jose, CA
billw@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image009.jpg@01CD505E.7B800DB0

Bill Woodruff
Broadcom Corporation