[802.3_NGBASET] PHY Proposal Ad Hoc Meeting - Thursday Dec 5 10AM-12 Pacific Time

Those who had emailed me received this announcement a few days ago, and I haven’t heard any objection, so here goes for the whole group.

It now looks like all weekly 8-10am pacific time slots are filled for teleconferences related to copper PHYs and cabling, so we’ll be having our first 802.3bq PHY proposal ad hoc meeting Thursday (Dec 5) from 10-12 pacific time. (I suspect it will only run an hour).

Content agenda will likely include:

·         A strawman (starting point for baseline) for modulation and coding

·         Known areas for improvement

·         Focus for work on power estimate improvements, particularly to include digital power.

I’ve spoken with a number of you already, and will be putting together a contribution which covers these areas.  If anyone plans, or has thoughts on a contribution, please let me know.

I realize this announcement is going out over the thanksgiving holiday in the US – if there is objection to the shortened notice, please notify me, and we will reschedule if necessary.

Webex details and a formal agenda will go out by EOD Tuesday.

George Zimmerman

Principal, CME Consulting

Experts in Advanced PHYsical Communications Technology

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860

(PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS.  THE OTHER WILL STILL WORK, BUT PLEASE USE THIS FOR CME BUSINESS)