Re: [802.3_NGBASET] IEEE P802.3bq Receiver Common-Mode Noise Rejection (Rx CMNR) Ad Hoc Meeting - Wednesday, October 22nd

Attached presentation for discussion and consideration – this was the genesis of the cable clamp test.  It shows how it relates to EMC testing, and perhaps provides some guidance as to which assumptions have changed and how the test might be adjusted.

Specifically –

It was designed to reflect unshielded Cat5e cabling behavior (and hence this effects the calibration of the CM noise leve)

It was designed for 3V/m testing.

It was shown to reflect EMC testing for this scenario.

George Zimmerman

Principal, CME Consulting

Experts in Advanced PHYsical Communications Technology

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860

(PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS.  THE OTHER WILL STILL WORK, BUT PLEASE USE THIS FOR CME BUSINESS)