Re: [802.3_NGBASET] [STDS-802-3] IEEE P802.3bq 40GBASE-T D2.0 comments with proposed responses have been posted

Dear Colleagues,
IEEE P802.3bq 40GBASE-T D2.0 comments with proposed responses have been posted to the project web page:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/bq/comments/index.html

Please look over the 489 total comments, categorized as follows:
358 EZ bucket - these are punctuation, indents, simple clean-up in figures, obvious typos, references, and IEEE style guide issues.  These are things we intend the committee not to discuss.  There should be no TR's, ER's or GR's in here that we do not either ACCEPT or ACCEPT IN PRINCIPLE. (there are a few REJECTs in there, but they are not "R" comments)

PLEASE REVIEW THE "EZ" TOPIC COMMENTS AND SEND AN EMAIL TO THE REFLECTOR OR EDITOR OR CHAIR IF YOU WISH TO HAVE A COMMENT REMOVED FROM THE EZ BUCKET - we intend to approve these with a single motion.  All 131 other comments will be approved individually or, in the case of comments on the same piece of text, as a small group.  Comments on the same text are noted with related comments as "See comment xyz" in the proposed response (which is usually ACCEPT IN PRINCIPLE).  Duplicate comments with the same remedy as well as comment are noted as "Dup".

On the 131 other comments - Most of these are fairly straightforward, but just didn't rise to the level of an EZ comment, but some raised a decision for the group or presented an alternative way of doing things.

1 25G - related to our missing PAR.
11 Autoneg related
37 Cabling (11) or Cabling reference (Cablingrefs) (26) related
10 EEE related
21 Formatting - more complex redrawing figures, style guide issues, and whether to have the objectives in the text.
7 MDI - related (not all about alternative MDIs)
8 MGMT - related to whether we combine management bits, etc.
12 PCS-related that are more than EZ
5 PMA-related that are more than EZ
6 Shortreach - related to short reach mode or channel (but not pure cabling specs)
5 Training - related to things like periodic training mode.
8 xGBASE-T - related to how we handle the nomenclature for common registers, bits and messages of 10G and 40G, soon to take a whole line of text...

 Thank you all for your thorough review of the draft, and thank you to our editorial team for an expeditious proposal.
David Chalupsky and George Zimmerman