[802.3_NGBASET] IEEE P802.3bq Rx CMNR Ad Hoc and P802.3bz ENUCA Ad Hoc Meeting series - note proposed new days and times!

*** PROPOSED NEW MEETING DAYS & TIMES FOR THE P802.3bq Rx CMNR and P802.3bz ENUCA AD HOCS – ALTERNATING WED/THURS or ALTERNATE THURSDAYS, 9:00AM PDT ***

Dear Colleagues and RxCMNR/ENUCA ad hoc participants,

First, thank you for your support of the ad hocs’ work on Subclauses 113.5.4.3, 126.5.4.3 and Annex 113A and your tremendous work in comment resolution at last week’s P802.3bq and P802.3bz Task Force meetings.  Thanks to your efforts, I believe that our Rx CMNR ad hoc charter/scope and deliverables of

·         investigating the receiver common mode noise rejection (a.k.a. cable clamp) test,

·         defining an appropriate requirement for 25G/40GBASE-T PHYs, and

·         developing corresponding text for Subclause 113.5.4.3 and any associated Annexes

are well in hand.  I would especially like to thank German Feyh and the P802.3bz ENUCA ad hoc for their collaboration on our efforts to craft a re-useable Annex 113A.

As discussed in the ad hoc report out, looking ahead I believe that our work is twofold:

·         Prepare a technical tutorial (a.k.a. “A User’s Guide to Annex 113A”) to pair with the proposed MultiGBASE-T tutorial discussed in the P802.3bq and P802.3bz Task Force meetings.

·         Continue to review of focusing on comments received against Clause 113.5.4.3 and/or Annex 113A, including any changes to Annex 113A for P802.3bz which have been commented to 802.3bq

To facilitate that work, German and I plan to maintain our alternate week meeting schedule, resuming next week (the week of September 27th).

I was asked if we can schedule one of the meetings at a different day and time to offer some flexibility for attendees who have conflicts with the Wednesday time slots, as well as begin at 9:00AM to accommodate participants in the North American Central time zone.

To that end, I am planning on scheduling the next P802.3bq RxCMNR ad hoc series on alternate Thursdays beginning October 1st, 2015 at 9:00AM PDT.

After discussing this schedule change with German, we have decided to propose two options for the RxCMNR and ENCUA ad hoc meeting series as follows:

“Alternating Wednesday/Thursday Proposal” – Start times at 9:00AM

Oct 1: Rx CMR

Oct 7: ENUCA

Oct. 15: Rx CMR

Oct. 21: ENUCA

Oct. 29: Rx CMR

Nov. 4: ENUCA

“All Thursday Proposal” – Start times at 9:00AM

Oct 1: Rx CMR

Oct 8: ENUCA

Oct. 15: Rx CMR

Oct. 22: ENUCA

Oct. 29: Rx CMR

Nov. 5: ENUCA

The alternate Wed/Thurs option has the advantage of “It’s (an alternate) Wednesday so there must be a .bz ad hoc”, the all Thursday lineup leans toward “keep it simple.”

Both German and I can accommodate either preference.

If you plan on participating and have strong schedule preferences one way or another, please reply so we can schedule our meetings to facilitate maximum participation.

Thanks again for your support as we move into the final phase of this work!

Best regards,

Pete Cibula & German Feyh

P802.3bq Rx CMNR ad hoc Chair (Pete)

P802.3bz ENUCA ad hoc Chair (German)