[802.3_NGEPON] Quick update on NG-EPON Study Group Interim Meeting

Folks,

A quick update on this item from our last meeting notes:

o    Announce a F2F meeting now in case we need it. To meet 30 day advance notice, and to give time for plenary submission deadline, meeting should be during week of Sept 28. Let’s make tentative dates Sept 28 (pm) and Sept 29 (all day). Does this work?

We won’t hold an interim meeting due to a couple reasons, primarily because the timing for discussing/voting/announcing an interim meeting doesn’t line up with preferred 802.3 processes, but also because I don’t think we’ll need one. I believe we should be able to vote on a very solid PAR, CSD, and Objectives by the end of the September meeting, and we are allowed minimal changes to each of those. In other words, refinement at the plenary by the Study Group of something we vote to approve in good faith at the September interim is just fine.

Curtis

Curtis Knittle

Director, Optical Technologies

CableLabs