Re: [802.3_NGMMF] what form for our objectives? please discuss

Robert

I think option 1, “Define a 400Gb/s PHY for operation over fewer than 16 pairs of MMF with channel lengths up to at least 100 m” is how we have specified objectives in the past, e.g., see 802.3cd:

“Define 200 Gb/s PHYs for operation over MMF with lengths up to at least 100m”

Best regards,

Steve

Steven E. Swanson

Senior Standards Manager

Distinguished Associate

Global Technology & Industry Standards

MT&E

Corning Optical Communications

800 17th Street NW

Hickory, NC 28603-0489

t   828-901-5328

t   607-974-5757

m 607-725-1129

swansonse@xxxxxxxxxxx

Standards are a bridge between markets and technologies; whoever controls the bridge controls the future…