From: Jeffery Maki <00000d5963b8071f-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 8:52 AM
To: STDS-802-3-NGMMF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_NGMMF] contribution is posted for Thursday's ad hoc by Jonathan Ingham and Carlo Marriotti

All,

100G-BiDi uses proprietary FEC so there is no interop any way. When modules are made that support interoperable FEC the optical specs can be changed too. In this way, we can optimize for the future instead of provisioning for a problem best solved by bookending these early modules in their deployments, which are single operator anyway.

Jeff