[802.3_OMEGA] Study Group charter change

Colleagues:

For those of you that weren’t at the closing 802.3 WG meeting in Indianapolis, the WG approved a minor change to our SG charter.  We had “PHY” in the July motion and the WG approved changing that to “PHYs”.  This makes it very clear that we plan to develop a PAR for multiple PHY types.  This charter change still needs approval of the 802 Executive Committee, which I expect will happen without any controversy.

I mentioned to the WG that we were also having discussions on defining hybrid links (electrical in one direction, optical in the reverse direction).  I promised that if this were to become something we decide to work on that a Call For Interest will be made on that topic.

Bob Grow, Chair Multi Gigabit Automotive Optical PHY SG