[802.3_OMEGA] Geneva OMEGA SG meeting

Colleagues:

The Multi Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs (OMEGA) Study Group is scheduled to meet starting 09h00 on Monday, January 20. The schedule has us meeting through Tuesday noon.  Access to the ITU facility is by badge only. Badge pickup is Monday-Friday 08:30 - 17:30.

If you are planning to attend and have not yet registered for the meeting, please do so.  Links to meeting information can be found at http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html.  Pre registration will simplify getting into the ITU facility on Monday morning.

There will likely be a wait to pick up your badge on Monday morning (four different 802.3 groups are meeting then). Once you have your badge, you can come and go without checking in at the registration desk. During the week, the ITU cafeteria will be available for coffee, snacks and lunch. You will need to buy your own food. There are also restaurants nearby, but they can be slow at lunchtime.

I have received five presentations addressing a possible scope of work and its technical feasibility for a multi gigabit automotive standard project.  I have also received an additional four requests for presentation time.  Obviously, many of these presentations came (or will come) in late, so I will be asking Study Group permission for late presentations to be included on the agenda.

The IEEE SA Standards Board Operations Manual limits the time we can meet as a Study Group before submitting a Project Authorization Request (PAR) to NesCom.  Because of this, we will also need to work on drafts of PAR, CSD and Objectives for a proposed project.  IEEE 802 has to approve PAR submittal to NesCom at a plenary meeting.  To have IEEE 802 consider proposed project documents in March, we will need to approve submittal of a draft PAR and draft CSD in Geneva.  Please come prepared to discuss these documents in addition to Objectives for a project.

I look forward to meeting with you in Geneva!

Bob Grow
Chair, Multi Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs (OMEGA) Study Group