Re: [802.3_OMEGA] D3.01 comment resolution status

i-118 also includes "Similarly in 1.4.95a, 1.4.116a and 1.4.165a". This needs to include the specific implementation  for each of these as they are not all 10Gb/s.

Natalie Wienckowski

From: ROBERT GROW <bobgrow@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 12:09 PM
To: STDS-802-3-OMEGA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-3-OMEGA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [802.3_OMEGA] D3.01 comment resolution status

Colleagues,

We have been making good progress on P802.3cz/D3.01 comment resolution this week.  We only have a few comments and the EZ bucket yet to deal with.  We have received requests to pull some comments from the EZ bucket for improvement of the responses.  Our editor and I would appreciate a notice as soon as possible if there are any other requests to pull comments from the EZ bucket.  EZ bucket response improvements suggestions I’ve received so far:

i-118 - As the proposed response contains an "or", I suggest changing "Proposed Accept" to "Proposed Accept in Principle"
i-138 - As the proposed response accepts the change as presented, I suggest changing this to "Proposed Accept"
i-57 - I would recommend repeating the disposition for comment i-140
i-62 - I think there is an extra last line in the Proposed comment resolution that should be removed - Change "codeword CW" to "codeword".
i-172 - As the proposed response contains an "or", I suggest changing "Proposed Accept" to "Proposed Accept in Principle".

There is also the option to reconsider responses adopted in our first two teleconferences.

I hope we can complete comment resolution during our third comment resolution teleconference.  When we have responded to all comments, motions will be in order.  It will be up to the TF if we recess until the scheduled contingent 18 Oct teleconference before taking final actions actions to adopt responses for inclusion in a D3.1 draft; or if we take those actions during the 13 October (third teleconference).  If we adjourn, rather than recess, to conclude the third teleconference, the fourth teleconference will be cancelled.

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force