[802.3_RTPGE] AW: [802.3_RTPGE] PoE Ad-hoc questions - final

Hello together,

what the automotive industry wants is the possibility of transferring Power and Communication on the same wire. It doesn’t need to be compliant to IEEE802.3at. But I see a strong need for a standardized solution! We want plug and play.

From a Tier1 perspective, we don’t want to implement for the same application for OEM1 RTPGE with the specific PoAE solution from Chip-Vendor A and for OEM2 RTPGE with the specific PoAE solution from Chip-Vendor B. This would be very expensive in many ways ( we can discuss this in San Diego)

From an OEM perspective I could imagine that they also look for Plug and Play, they may want to buy ECU A from Supplier 1 and ECU B from Supplier 2, and they should work together seamlessly.

I do understand the question of parameters for the PoAE components, therefore the concept of several Power Level can solve the problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Hogenmüller

Robert Bosch GmbH
Automotive Electronics (AE-BE/EKE)
Postfach 16 61
71226 Leonberg
GERMANY

www.bosch.com

Tel. +49 711 811 37681
Mobil +49 172 1745993

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Hermann Scholl; Geschäftsführung: Franz Fehrenbach, Siegfried Dais;
Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Bernd Bohr, Rudolf Colm, Volkmar Denner, Christoph Kübel, Uwe Raschke,
Wolf-Henning Scheider, Werner Struth, Peter Tyroller