[802.3_RTPGE] Announcement: July 2012 IEEE 802.3 Plenary Meeting-Agenda and Call for Presentations Deadlines Reminder

Colleagues,

The IEEE Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet PHY Study Group will meet Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning (July 17-19) at the IEEE 802.3 July 2012 Plenary in San Diego, CA,USA.  As detailed in the July Plenary announcement. The 802.3 Working Group opening Plenary meeting is Monday, July 16, from 1 to 6PM, and the 802.3 WG closing plenary is Thursday, July 20 from 1 to 6PM. You should plan to attend both WG plenary meetings.

Registration and meeting details may be found at:

http://802world.org/plenary/

If you have not done so already, please make your hotel reservation and register for the meeting as soon as possible.

For those of you who have not participated in an 802.3 standards project before, here is a list of resources:

The 802.3 Ethernet Working Group Home Page:

http://ieee802.org/3/index.html

The RTPGE Study Group home page:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/RTPGE/index.html

Operating Rules of IEEE Project 802.3 Ethernet Working Group:

http://ieee802.org/3/rules/index.html

IEEE 802.3 Patent policy:

http://ieee802.org/3/patent.html

Discussion of cost in IEEE 802.3:

http://standards.ieee.org/resources/antitrust-guidelines.pdf

There is a newcomer training presentation which gives and overview of the IEEE standards process at:

http://ieee802.org/newcomer_orientation-v7p1.pdf

We will   continue gathering the requirements in the form of presentations for our project. This information will be used for the PAR, 5C and objectives.

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.  Please insure that all presentations speak to the PAR, 5C, or objectives.

Ad hocs were chartered at the May Interim. These ad hocs should report on their progress to date.

Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  For the July Plenary meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at scarlson@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by Tuesday, July 3, 2012.  Please e-mail a PDF (not the PowerPoint)  version of the presentation to me by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the July Plenary, presentations must be submitted by July 10, 2012

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/RTPGE/public/presentproc.html

Please review your  presentation to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines. Presentations which do not follow the guideline will be refused.  Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site, the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation

Author: Name(s) of author(s)

Subject: IEEE Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet PHY Study Group

I look forward to seeing everyone in San Diego!

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson

Chair, Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet PHY Study Group http://www.ieee802.org/3/RTPGE/index.html