Re: [802.3_RTPGE] Update: Implications of Wire size on maximum available load power

Geoff Sterling and all,

In the presentation you can find in page 18 a table with all the important parameters per wire size (diameter, area, resistance per meter etc.) which helps to pick the relevant information in terms of copper area or resistance per meter for this presentation.

The wire size used are just examples.

The purpose of the presentation was to show the implications of the wire size on available maximum power and what is matter is actually the wire resistance per meter so the reader can translate this information to any wire size method.

The differences between the methods are not so important for the illustration/calculation/evaluation of the maximum power available due to the fact that the calculations uses resistance per meter.

Once the wire resistance per meter is set, we can translate it to metric, AWG or any other existing method.

The point is to show how to calculate the real practical available power.

Yair