From: CDimi80749@xxxxxxx [mailto:CDimi80749@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 August 2012 03:04
To: Law, David; STDS-802-3-RTPGE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_RTPGE] RTPGE: channel definitions ad hoc report and survey

David,

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to getting through the process. Let me know how I can assist.
Regards, Chris

In a message dated 7/31/2012 6:23:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dlaw@xxxxxx writes:
Hi Chris,

The IEEE-SA Antitrust and Competition Policy 'Promoting Competition and Innovation: What You Need to Know about the IEEE Standards Association’s Antitrust and Competition Policy' <http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/antitrust.pdf> states that 'Customer Surveys and Statistical Programs. Individual participants may make presentations about broad market potential or market requirements for informational purposes. No IEEE-SA standards group may engage in, direct, or encourage its members to engage in surveys of customers or gathering of statistical data about market requirements, markets, or customers without appropriate review by IEEE-SA legal counsel (which is arranged through the IEEE-SA Staff Liaison for your working group or technical committee).'.

While I understand your intent is only to gather technical data to build a channel model, we need to make sure that we don't unintentionally stray in areas we shouldn't while doing this. Based on this I'll work offline with you, the IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3 RTPGE leadership to get the required review started and I will do my upmost to get this review completed with all speed.

Until this is complete however I ask that IEEE 802.3 RTPGE Study Group participants refrain for submitting responses to this survey.

Thanks and best regards,
  David Law
  IEEE 802.3 Working Group Chair

----