[802.3_RTPGE] IEEE 802 Nov Plenary - IEEE 802.3 RTPGE Study Group Meeting Details

Dear Study Group Participants,

The IEEE RTPGE Study Group will be meeting at the IEEE 802 November Plenary
Session in San Antonio, TX, USA.   The RTPGE Study Group will be meeting
Tuesday morning, November 13 through Thursday, noon, November 15.
Registration and meeting details may be found at
http://802world.org/plenary/.  You are strongly encouraged to register and
make your reservations as soon as possible.

Our job in November is to prepare for Task Force status. Our PAR and 5
Criteria have been pre-submitted to the IEEE 802 EC for consideration at the
November Plenary. Links to the PAR, 5C and objectives have been supplied to
the IEEE 802.3 Working Group for review in November.

Here is our work week:

Monday, November 12,  1PM to 6PM- IEEE 802.3 WG Opening Plenary
The Chair will report on the September Interim in Geneva and indicate that
the SG will be requesting TF status on Thursday.

Tuesday, November 13, 9AM to 6PM - IEEE RTPGE SG will meet. All 802 WG have
the opportunity to comment on our PAR. The members of the EC may also
comment on the PAR and 5 Criteria. Any comments submitted to the SG by 5PM
Tuesday. Any updates from the various ad hocs should be presented on
Tuesday.

Wednesday, November 14, 9AM to 6PM - The IEEE RTPGE SG will craft responses
to any comments received on the PAR and 5C on Wednesday as soon as possible.
The Chair will submit the responses to the commenters. Should we have few or
no comments, the Wednesday time should be used to continue ad hoc work.

Thursday, November 15, 9AM to noon - The IEEE RTPGE SG will prepare for the
IEEE 802.3 WG Closing Plenary which begins at 1PM. The Chair will have a
closing report that will present the PAR, 5C and objectives. A vote will be
taken to approve the PAR, each of the 5C individually, and the objectives (
as a group.) During the report, questions may come from the 802.3 WG. We
need to prepare to answer these questions by having appropriate back-up
material ready, as well as subject matter experts to speak to specific
questions.

Assuming the IEEE 802.3 WG approves the PAR, 5C and objectives, the Chair
will be present to defend the project if necessary on Friday afternoon at
the closing IEEE 802 EC meeting. Once the EC votes, I will send an email
with the results to the reflector.

The IEEE 802.3 SG and TF Chairs have updated the presentation guidelines.
The only presentations we will have are progress reports and updates from
the ad hocs. These updated guidelines are shown below:

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for
questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20
minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requester should
contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional
time.

Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the
meeting.  For the November Plenary meeting, requests for presentation time
shall be made to the Chair (scarlson@xxxxxxxx)  and must be made by November
2, 2012.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the
presentation to the Chair (scarlson@xxxxxxxx)  by Tuesday of the week
preceding the meeting.  For the November Plenary meeting, presentations must
be submitted by November 6, 2012.

Please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of
presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the
email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will
not be acknowledged.

We would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to
verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.
Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site
the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as
follows:

Filename: name_nn_mmyy_rtpge.pdf
Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE RTPGE

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization.   It
should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without
contributions to drive it.  Areas not moving forward will be brought to the
attention of the Study Group for consideration on how to address.
See you in San Antonio.

Best Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet PHY Study Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/RTPGE/index.html
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
 http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR