[802.3_RTPGE] Channel definitions ad hoc minutes June 27 con-call

Colleagues,

Minutes: Thursday June 27, 8 AM PST conference call

Attendees (recorded by George Zimmerman)

Bert Bergner

Bob Elliot -Panduit

Curtis Donahue- UNH-IOL

Chris Diminico (MC Communications)

George Zimmerman (CME Consulting / Commscope)

Mehmet Tazebay (Broadcom)

Meng Zeng

Peter Wu (Marvell)

Shaoan Dai

Sterling Vaden (OCC)

Sujan Pandey

Thomas Muller

Todd Herman (Commscope)

Wes Mir (Delphi)

X. Bunlon

Xiaofeng Wang (Qualcomm)

Zhenzhong Gu

(1)Reviewed patent policy

(2)Reviewed presentation RTPGE EMC Limit Lines; Mehmet Tazebay & Ahmad Chini, Broadcom Corporation

>Basis for link segment mode conversion limit line presented.

>>The limit line shown correlates with the levels suggested for TX PSD and RX BCI immunity levels.

>>The same limit can be considered for MDI and inline connectors, CMC and

PHY.

>> Mode conversion for 1-pair UTP measurement compared against the limit line.

(2)Link segment return loss

>>Sterling Vaden – modeling results reviewed in Vaden_02-06-13_Channel models.pdf

>>Using compliant 6A connector and cable RL models a 15 m link segment topology of 1m, 2m, 9m, 2m, 1m  was modeled and presented.

(4)Curtis Donahue (UNH-IOL) presented an IEEE 802.3bp Channel Test Setup Update