[802.3_RTPGE] Channel definitions ad hoc - Follow up

Dear all,

attached a first short drawing of a typical application I would expect to be a worst case topology for the Return Loss:

The cam in the mirror: Here you may find 2 inline connectors quiet close (but not 4!)

In the following slides I have tried to sketch a possible “real” worst case and some “over-estimations”,

including a “worst-worst-case-channel” which could be used for tests with high return loss on both sides

and high insertion loss (shifting a real setup as close to the defined limits as possible)

If there are other proposals for the worst case Return loss, I would be happy to discuss them!

Regards,

Stefan