[802.3_RTPGE] Announcement: January 2014 (Indian Wells) Interim Meeting Information and Call for Presentations

REMINDER:

Registration deadline (early registration fee) is December 31st.
Presentation request deadline is January 10th.

Colleagues,

Meeting Information:

The IEEE P802.3bp Task Force will be meeting at the IEEE 802.3 January
Interim Meeting, which will  be held the week of Jan 20  in Indian Wells,
CA, USA.  The Task Force will be meeting Tuesday through Thursday (Jan 21 ?
23). The final schedule for our meeting will depend upon workload and
progress made at the meeting.

Registration and meeting details may be found at
https://tools.sympose.com/event/indianwells_2014/. ; You are strongly
encouraged to make your reservations as soon as possible. Please note per
the webpage ?

·         EARLY REGISTRATION FEE IS AVAILABLE UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2013 at 8pm
EST
·         Hotel Sleeping Room Cut off Date is JANUARY 3, 2014 - please
reserve your room prior to this date.

Call For Presentations:

We have adopted baselines for the automotive link segment transmission line
and will be closing out the EMC baseline in January.  We will also outline
how to move forward with a joint PHY proposal and adopt a formal timeline.

Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on
a case-by-case basis, and the requester should contact the chair prior to
making the request to justify the additional time.

Requests for presentation time must be made before the second Friday
preceding the meeting.  For the upcoming meeting, requests for presentation
time shall be made to me at scarlson@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by midnight
AOE on January 10th, 2014.

The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to
scarlson@xxxxxxxx  by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the
upcoming meeting, presentations must be submitted by midnight AOE on January
14th, 2014.

Please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of
presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the
email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will
not be acknowledged.

Please follow the Procedure for Presenters:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/bp/public/presentproc.html

For your presentation request, please include the following;

Title of Presentation
Abstract
Time Requested
Presenter, Affiliation
Co-Author(s), Affiliation(s)

We would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to
verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines. If
there are questions related to relative cost discussion, please see the
presentation by IEEE counsel at

http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GNGOPTX/public/may12/lindsay_01_0512_optx.pdf
and contact me if there are additional questions.

Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site
the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as
follows:
Filename: Per filename guidelines
Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE P802.3bp RTPGE

I am looking forward to seeing you in Indian Wells.

Best Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, IEEE P802.3bp Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet PHY Task Force
http://www.ieee802.org/3/bp/index.html
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
 http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR