Re: [802.3_RTPGE] Latency requirement for FEC decision

Tom,

Just a word about FEC in EPON.  In EFM we used a frame based FEC.  In hind sight this was not a good choice as it resulted in excessive buffering required at the OLT. The stream based FEC approach in 10G-EPON was much simpler to implement.

I don’t recall any presentations on “test points up and down the stack”, but I might be mistaken.

Best Regards,

Duane

FutureWei Technologies Inc.

duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx