Re: [802.3_RTPGE] Reminder : [802.3_RTPGE] Channel definitions ad hoc August 28 8 AM PDT

Chris,

Sorry I will be tied up with other things today, but here are some comments that may help.

Best Regards,

Bryan

slide 3 depicts a BALUN based with 50/100 term impedance which is not the same as the 4 port test outline already covered in earlier documents, and also indicates the 802 link segment as including the BALUNs.

slide 4 should be noted as distinct from any common arrangement of a S-parameter matrix, or perhaps maybe changed to a typical arrangement so as not to be confusing. Also, the NEXT and FEXT are alien for 1 pair links.

slide 5 should be changed from a 4 pair depiction. It can be made less confusing by better associating the arrows with the signals,  and  the turn-around arrow is the actual conversion parameter, not a signal. Both 11 and 22 parameters are listed, but only one is depicted.

slide 6 comments similar to 5, although the two way arrows should be removed.